At Classic Sporting Arms, we specialize in Rugers and the Ruger No. 1 Single Shot rifle in particular; however, from time to time, other classic and collectible Rugers will be available. If there is any Ruger No.1 that you are looking for, send an e-mail or write me the details and I will see if I can get it for you. Personal checks, Cashiers checks, or Money Orders are acceptable. Personal checks will have to clear before shipment, unless we’ve done business before. E-mail to cleenewton at yahoo dot com
Cell phone is 817-366-2900; It’s listed at bottom of page, but a lot of lookers don’t scroll down that far.
Send payment and signed copy of FFL to:
Classic Sporting Arms, P. O. Box 1015, Copperas Cove, TX 76522.
The FFL copy can also be faxed or you can email a scanned copy.
Shipping costs will be $35.00 to your FFL. Alaska slightly higher, as I use USPS Priority Mail. I will ship to California.
2017 Ruger No.1 Lineup is still not clear to me. Lipsey’s will not be the Exclusive Distributor in 2017. Maybe we will know more after NRA in Atlanta at the end of April.
The stainless/laminate in 450 Bushmaster with a 20″ barrel and a muzzle brake is the first 2017 production. I expect to have these at $1425 + shipping.
2016 Ruger No.1 Lineup Announced!
The six new Ruger No. 1 model configurations for 2016 are as follows:
1B Sporter chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with 28” barrel, blued with walnut furniture.
1S Sporter chambered in 35 Whelen with 24” barrel, blued with walnut furniture.
1S Sporter chambered in 44 Magnum with 20” barrel, blued with walnut furniture.
1V Varmint chambered in .243 Win with 26” barrel, blued with walnut furniture and 1-in-7.7” twist.
K1RSI International chambered in .308 Win 20” barrel, stainless with walnut furniture.
1A Light Sporter chambered in .275 Rigby with 24” barrel, blued with walnut furniture and express sights.
I have the Creedmoor, Whelen and 1V in 243 available now at $1400.00 + shipping. The 275 Rigby’s are very limited and are $1500 + shipping. The 308 Stainless are all gone. I now have some of the 44 Magnums; they are $1450 + shipping.
Have the last of the 257 Weatherbys at $1500 + shipping. These are NIB and just recently made. Check out the Gunblast Testfire here:
In 2013, Ruger announced that the Ruger No.1 would only be made in one caliber per configuration. These were the 1A in .222 Rem., 1V (with a 26″ barrel) in 6.5-284 Norma, 1S in 45/70, 1H in 375 H&H, and the RSI in 7×57. In 2014, the offerings were: 1A in 280 Rem., RSI in 257 Roberts, 1V in .220 Swift, 1H in 450/400 NE 3″, and 1S in 9.3×62. For 2015, Lipsey’s LLC will be the Exclusive distributor for the Ruger No.1 rifle. I feel this will be a good thing, as Lipsey’s has been a leader for several years in their own Ruger No.1 Exclusives. They know what Customers and Shooters want and will work diligently to get some No.1’s made that appeal to shooters and hunters . Their are some unique rifles in this years No.1 offering. The 1B is back-with a 28″ barrel in the 257 Weatherby! The 1S will be a 30/06 with a 24″ barrel! The RSI will be a 6.5×55, the 1A is a 7mm-08 and there will be a K1V(with a 26″ barrel; 1-8 twist) in .223; stocks will be walnut. The 1H is a .375 H&H. I expect to have all these offerings in stock as they are made.
- No.1A in .222 Rem. Exceptional wood for a newer rifle. NIB $1350 (SOLD BUT HAVE MORE)
- No.1V in 6.5-284 Norma, 26″ barrel; $1350.
- No.1RSI in 7×57 NIB $1300
- No.1H in 375 H&H NIB $$1250
- Have several No.1S in 45/70, but not from 2013.
- Have the 1A in 280 Rem, the 1S in 9.3×62, the RSI in 257 Roberts. As with nearly all rifles in this production year, the wood is quite plain! $1200
The 2015 cataloged rifles have not arrived yet. I have several of each on order. THE 1A’S IN 7mm-08 ARE SHIPPING, as of 8/10/2015
Early in the year, Ruger made several runs of earlier cataloged rifles. I have 2015 NIB production 1A’s in 270 Win and 243 Win @ $1250. Also, No.1V in 22-250 and 25-06 $1250.
Also made, but never cataloged, were about 30 1H in 450/400 N. E. in the D weight barrel. All previous 450/400’s made were with a C weight barrel. I have a few of these for $1350.
I made a special purchase of some of the last cataloged 1H 450/400’s with the C weight barrel that I can sell for $935 shipped to Your FFL. These are NIB, but fairly plain wood. Also, have 2 each of the 1A in 280 Rem and the 1S in 9.3×62 at $935 shipped to your FFL. Some 1A’s in 7.62×39 got made this year; 300 is the number I am told. They are $975 shipped. Generally same plain wood.
Lipsey’s Exclusives in the Ruger No.1
- No. 1 AB 25-06 Have 2; they look like pic below. $1300
- No. 1 AH— $1350.00 Walnut NIB
- No. 1 AH with Circassian walnut; I have six of these. $1450.
- No. 1 AB and AH with consecutive serial numbers; this is a deal; my last AH & AB consecutive numbered set. NIB—- $2400.00(SOLD)
Lipsey has done a series of 5 of the K1A in stainless/ walnut. These were the 7.62×39, 257 Roberts, 6.5×55, 35 Whelen, and lastly, the 250 Savage. Also, a 1A (in blue) was made in several of these same calibers: the 257 Roberts, 6.5×55, and the 35 Whelen. Additionally, a 1A in 30/30 was also made.
- 1A .257 Roberts, #134-30603, LNIB #1456
- 1A 6.5×55, #134-31177, LNIB #1716
- K1A .250 Savage, 134-34415 98%
- K1A .257 Roberts, #134-11893 95%
- 1A 30-30, 134-33566, LNIB
- 1A 35 Whelen, 134-27716, LNIB
There were also a limited number of No.1S-C’s made in 45/70. This is the 26″ C weight barrel with Circassian stocks. I am out of these rifles. Thjey were made in 2 runs of about 125 each. First run was in the range of 134-35XXX; 2nd run range was 134-40XXX.
NEW AND USED No. 1’s
- 1AB .204 Ruger, #134-31610; (#2061) Original box and all paperwork. These have gotten hard to find.$1350.
- K1V .204 Ruger, #134-05485; (#2095) NIB. $1400
- 1B .204 Ruger, #134-14047; (1842), These are really scarce. $1,250
- 1A .204 Ruger, #134-13892;(#2050) NIB. $1350
- 1B .22 Hornet, #133-26214: (1840), Black pad gun in hard to find caliber (Inquire)
- 1B .218 Bee, #133-32819: (1460) Also have a 1S with sights (Inquire)
- 1V .22 PPC #133-15058; (1479) Nice wood in almost impossible to find caliber. 98% $1,500
- 1B .223 #132-47152; (1550) Metal is almost perfect. Wood has a few dings, 96% overall. $975
- 1AB .223, #132-18879; Rare and hard to find configuration.Very pretty wood has an extra coat of finish. 98% $1,450
- 1V 22-250 Rem, #134-34179; (1522) Very nice wood. Probably unfired, but listing as used.$1,150
- K1V 22-250, #134-30286; Hard to find gun , has a few scuffs, nothing major 99%. $1,350
- 1V .220 Swift, #132-75850: Metal is almost perfect, wood has a few light dings. Nice red pad gun 98% $1050
- 1B.220 Swift #133-17491; (1551) Has a very light scratch in the receiver, otherwise excellent.$1,050
- K1B in .243 Winchester,#133-81236, (1537) 98% Stainless .243’s are hard to find $1350
- No. 1B .243 Winchester, #133-65729; (1692), Pretty gun in 98% condition. $1,150
- 1RSI .243 Win, #133-51324 (1519) In excellent condition overall. Wood has a few dings, Metal is almost perfect. 98% $1,200
- 1V 6mm Rem., #132-31340; Ruger only made one run of these with red pads. Easily 99% condition. $1,250
- No. 1A in .257 Roberts; #134-30603. $1,400
- K1B 25-06, #133-86131; Has a few scuffs and light dings. 95% $1,350
- 1A 6.5 Creedmoor, #134-33803 (1770) Very scarce in excellent condition $1500
- 1RSI .270 Win, #132-80405, Much better than average wood. A few light dings in the wood. 98%$1,150
- K1B in .270 Winchester #133-98591 (1710) 98%. $SOLD
- K1B .270 Win, #134-35551, (1750) as NIB Extremely hard to find in stainless. $1,400
- 1B.270 Win, #134-28218, (1540) Later production with much better than average wood. $ (SOLD)
- 1B 270 Weatherby, #132-95924; Hard to find with Red Pad. Very pretty gun. 98% $(SOLD)
- 1A 7×57, #133-27468, Probably unfired, but listing as used. $1,275
- No. 1B .280 Rem. #133-57604; (1812), Good looking wood in 98% condition. Hard to find 26″ barrel. $1,200
- 1S 7mm Rem Mag, #132-93875; An early red pad rifles in a very desirable configuration, nicely figured wood. $1095.00
- K1B 7mm Rem. Mag; 99% $1,300
- No. 1A 30-30, #134-33566 (1861), Pretty gun in very hard to find caliber. $1,500
- No. 1A in .303 British, not a Lipsey’s Exclusive, but still a very nice rifle. $1,200 USED or $1,300 NIB
- K1B 30-06, #133-84898; Has A Duracoat type Finish on the Metal. $SOLD
1B 30-06, #131-28909; Red pad gun with scarce textured pad 95% $975
- 1RSI 30-06; Exceptionally pretty wood with original box. Condition is easily 98% (SOLD)
- 1B 30-06 #131-20719; Very pretty dark stock with lots of figure. Looks better in person than the photo. 99% $1075
- K1B 30-06 #133-95215 ; As new with rings but no box. $SOLD
- No. 1A in .300 RCM, NIB, $1200
- 1B .300 H&H Magnum, not many of these made! Inquire!
- 1S .300 Win. Mag #133-00529; Red pad gun. Metal is almost perfect. Numerous small dings in the wood. 96% $975 (SOLD)
- 1S .338 Win. Mag. #133-20729; Appears unfired. Really pretty gun. $1,150
- 1S .338 RCM #134-26360; (#697)Very limited production $1,250
- 1A 35 Whelen #134-27716; (1793) Beautiful wood in a very desirable caliber. 99% $1,650
- No.1S in 9.3x74R, #134-20911, (#1323) as NIB, $1250.
- K1S .375 Ruger, NIB $1,300
- K1H .405 WIN Really hard to find in any condition $1,400
- 1H .405 Win, #134-02874; Fairly plain wood, but blue .405’s are hard to come by. 98% $1,275
- K1S 45-70 Govt, Stainless/Laminated with 22″ barrel. Metal seems perfect, few very light marks in the wood. $1,350
- 1H .416 Rem. Mag. #133-56027; (#1465)Nice wood in excellent condition. 98% $1,200
- 1H .458 Winchester; Fairly rare rifle made in 1976 with 200th year marking. In very good condition for an almost 40 year old rifle. 98% (SOLD)
- K1H .458 Lott Has been fired, but in very good condition. 99% $1,450
I don’t always get some of the newer arrivals on here, so if there is any Ruger No.1 that you are looking for, e-mail me at cleenewton at yahoo dot com or call 817-366-2900. Generally, I will not have the more common No.1’s; you can find them more easily on the Internet Auction sites